Sunday, July 02, 2006

How Much Fun Did We Have Today!!!!

Today was a great day. We met up with our friends that live down the street who have a beautiful and wonderful daughter from Kunming. Her parents, Mike and Nancy are great people. Every time we get together with them, my mouth hurts and my belly hurts because I am lughing so hard, the entire time. We all hopped in our truck and went to Mt. Rainier National Park.



It was a clear and hot day on the mountain. We first stopped at Longmire and had a picnic. The camp robbers would not leave us alone. In 1888 and 1889, James Longmire and family developed the this site as Medical Springs and Hotel. People believed that the natural spring water, that was bubbling up from the ground, had some natural healing powers . After we ate, we went on a little hike around the Trail of the Shadows. Where there were two natural springs where Longmire would access the "Medical Water."

A large open meadow where I wish I could build my dream home:

There was this cool little cabin, were a worker would stay while the hotel was open:

How cold would that of been in the winter? Can you say, Burr?

Though it was a short hike, there were a lot of cool plant formations and scenery. Our friends little girl would run down the path from sign to sign and yell, "I found another sign." These signs were all over the place and I think I ended up reading them all. Thanks Melanie.

After our little hike, we all hopped back into the truck and went up to the Paradise observatory. We walked around and took in the scenery. Mike and his daughter Melanie, could not resist going into the snow:



After spending about an hour up at the observatory, we finally decided to head home. But, we had to stop and get one more picture of the group(minus me, I was taking the picture):



What a fun day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told EVERYONE about our fun day at Mt. Rainier. I know Melanie loved showing you guys around and getting to the signs first. She is, afterall, a seasoned vet on this mountain! It was such a blast and next time it will be with Sawyer along. Let's see, in the backpack or walking? Can't wait to see which one!

Happy Independence Day,

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with you guys. I bet Sawyer will be chasing Melanie to the signs.