Thursday, August 31, 2006

To My Wife....

Ya know, I read a lot of other people's blog and all they want to talk about is their new baby from China or the difficulties they are having with bonding or medical issues. What I haven't seen too much of is a tribute to their spouse. Either the spouse was involved only in the adoption process, or they are the ones who take the pictures of the new parent with the baby so the other parent can blog about how great life is. So, I am going to do what not too many other people do, talk about my wife.

Over the last six weeks, I have seen Shelby transform into the greatest mother anyone can ask for. She is very attentive to Sawyer's needs and desires to learn. She plays games, sing songs (not in tune I might add, but she does sound better than me), colors, paints and goes to activities with our little hero.

While we are very lucky to have Sawyer in our life, I am very lucky to have Shelby in Our lives. Thank You Shelby for being Sawyer's Mommy and my wife. We wouldn't know what to do without you.

5 comments:

Valeri said...

What a sweet husband you are! :)

Chrissie said...

Hi. I've been reading your blog ever since you were in China, bringing Sawyer home. I don't even know how I came upon it now...but I was so enthralled with what you were doing and the joy and love for your little boy. I still love to read your updates and this one was GREAT! You are good people. I've enjoyed the intelligence and the love you have as a family.

Your blog has so captivated us in this house that I have to print off each update so my mum can read it! LOL (she won't come and sit at the computer...she may break it (she thinks!)). She thinks Sawyer's just a sweetheart!

Anyway...I thought it was time I said hi and stopped nosing unknown to you :-) Check out my blog to visit me if you'd like (or my website is www.ScrappersUnlimited.co.uk).

sincerely,
Chrissie Willicombe

Kim M. said...

Thanks for the good cry. What a wonderful tribute to your wife.

Kim said...

Oh that is so beautiful. Scott you are such a good person and you guys are so lucky to have found one another. Shelby is such an awesome person and I knew she would be a wonderful mom. Thanks for the cry..I owe you one ;>)
Love ya,
Kim

Kristin said...

ACK! The diabetic sweetness.. you people are killing me with THE LOVE!

I am going to have Holly smack you on my behalf... because I am an old mean jealous troll.

Your child is cuter with every photo...