Monday, July 31, 2006

It's Monday Morning....

We have only two days left in Guangzhou, then we head back home. We are so excited to get home to sleep in our own bed, play with our dogs, see our friends and talk to our families for ten cents a minute (long distance charges). Here is our Itinerary for the rest of the week.

Today we will go to the Guangzhou Zoo to see the Panda Bear. Then tonight, we will be going on the Pearl River Cruise where they will have a buffet dinner (it's all about the buffet, the scenery is a side product). Tomorrow we have our Consulate appointment and swearing in ceremony.

Yesterday we went to a local shopping mall to look at the pearls and clothes. All we got were some sandals for Sawyer, but we did eat at this Cantonese Buffet that was awesome. I highly recommend trying the food here from different restaurants. One our Guides Rebecca told us about the place J.M.Chefs, which is right down the street from the White Swan Hotel. They have the best hum bows and Pigeon. That's right, DEEP FRIED PIGEON. It was like eating a really moist quail or dove. It was very tasty. So, no KFC, Pizza Hut, or McDonald's for us, we have loved the food here in Guangzhou and in Kunming.
Pigeon
Sawyer is doing really well. We took him swimming for the first time, yesterday and he seemed to love being in the water. Then we came back and chilled in the room and went to bed really early. We were all very tired. Now, I leave this post with some more pictures of Sawyer (because I know that is why you all are truly reading our blog).

Lily (one of our Awesome Guides with Sawyer)
Rebecca (Another awesome Guide)

6 comments:

Valeri said...

I love the picture of Sawyer with the sunglasses on! He's such a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

what an awesome smile..he is such a happy little guy!!!! I can't wait to come in Oct to visit. I am glad everything has been going so well. Have a saf trip home. Love ya, Kim

Anonymous said...

He's so outgoing! Thank you for sharing more pictures. You're right, I read the blog for those pictures of Sawyer because they REALLY make my day. I look for them several times a day! I guess it's a good thing my boss likes me :o)

I'm sure you're ready to be home and settling into your new routine. Let the fun and games really begin once he's HOME!

I'm glad your trip has gone so well. He's such a cutie-pie in ALL the pictures. I can't wait to meet the little guy in person, I am SO looking forward to that!

Kristin said...

Wow... I go offline for a couple of days and next thing I know you have your beautiful boy!

Sawyer is just adorable and it sounds as though your trip has been wonderful... love all the photos!!

mama d said...

You're going to need to install a deli-style numbering system for all the girls who will come knocking at your door! Sawyer is such a happy and handsome boy!

cheers!
kristin, friedrich and chichi

Anonymous said...

Okay, so like, I'm sorry but it I was served a whole bird that INCLUDED the head and neck AND ALL the INNARDS still there, I would lose my appetite for the rest of the year!

Cyndi