Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mommy and Saffi Are Home....

Shelby and Saffi made it home with a few minor meltdowns in the Guangzhou and Beijing airports. While these were trying times, Saffi did very well on both flights. When she met the boys, it was like someone just let of a box of whistlers that lasted until 11:00pm last night. Then it all started again at 4:00 am. Curse that darn Jet Lag. The boys love chasing her around the house, it is really cool to see Sawyer and Saxton play with Saffi as if she has been here the whole time.

It seems Saffi is starting to adjust. She had her first meltdown with me tonight when I was trying to get the boys to fall asleep. She wanted to fall asleep on the floor, but I moved her to her own bed. This set her off crying for MaMa. Surprisingly, she let me rub her back, while she cried, until she fell asleep. Hopefully she will sleep through the whole night. Stay tuned, more to come....

8 comments:

mama d said...

Welcome home! Glad to see that the whole family is safe, well, and together.

This Charming Mom said...

So happy to hear Saffi and Shelby made it home. I also wanted to say thank you for these amazing and insightful posts. As a mom waiting to travel for a 4 year old and with a 3 year old already home, your story has been very helpful in preparing me for what could happen.
I love hearing how the kids are already playing together and having fun! I can't wait for photos of all 3 together!!!

Jen, Dave, Leah and Daniel said...

Welcome Home Shelby and Saffi. Looking forward to photos of the boys and their new sister.

Nicholson Family said...

Isn't it amazing? Sounds like the kids are getting along great! Hope you guys are getting SOME rest ;) Take care and I look forward to more posts and photos!

Ron said...

Welcome home, I wish nothing but the best for your family. Great to know the boys are getting along with Saffi.

Valeri said...

Welcome home!!!!! I can't wait to follow your journeys as a family of five.

C's Mom said...

Welcome home...now for the real fun with the family of five!

Kim said...

Welcome Home, I am glad that Saffi, Shelby, and her Mom made it home safely. I can't wait to see the pictures of everyone together at last.