Thursday, August 23, 2007

A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!

The other day we recieved a very unexpected, but wonderful letter from a very special person:

"My name is J and I am on the Yiwu SWIgroup list. A couple of years ago our family traveled back to China with my now 12 year old daughter withOCDF Reunion tour. We had an opportunity to visit the orphanage and we wanted to start a medical fund to support some of the children who needed cleft lip surgeries. Through our Yiwu list we raised some money and sent it back for these children to get their surgeries. OCDF just sent me photos of the children that received urgeries. I looked at our list and your Ni Xia Wei(Saxton) was one of our children. I wanted you to see the photos before I sent them to the whole group thanking them for their support in helping 2 of the children. I don't know if you have any photos yet, but this is very special. I am not sure what your timeline is for adoption, but when I saw your names I just wanted to send these off to you first. What a beautiful child! Warm regards,J."


We can not express enough how this makes us feel. Thank you so much for helping Saxton obtain his surgery that he needed so much. It is truly astonishing that people, who are totally unknown to us, would help a child and a family they don't even know.

Thank you for such an amazing gift both to us and to our son.

6 comments:

Cavatica said...

That's wondeful that she contacted you - another gift!

C's Mom said...

It's nice to be surprised by the good in people!

Mark and Lori said...

How cool is that!

Nicholson Family said...

The world IS a wonderful place and I see it in the kids and stories about the kids and it's so overwhelming! What a great letter and keepsake for Saxton. He's beautiful, amazing.....wow.....

mama d said...

Give, and you shall receive. What a wonderful gift!

Valeri said...

How wonderful!!!!! It really gives me hope in this world when people can do something so kind.