Sunday, July 29, 2007

July 24th 2006....

On Tuesday of this past week, we celebrated Sawyer's Adoption Day. Over the past year, we have seen Sawyer blossom from the scared little boy in Kunming wondering who these people were and why they were taking him away from the only world he had ever known:

to an out going, handsome little man who loves to play with Mama, Baba and his dogs:

So, since I haven't done one of these in awhile, I thought I would do a top ten list of things I thought I would never know after having a child:

10. I can sing every line to the Wiggles Big Red Car: "Toot, toot, chugga, chugga, Big Red Car..."

9. Unless you want your kitchen walls painted by a two year artist, sit close by your child when he eats.

8. Elmo loves to be tickled.

7. Pop beads can entertain a child for hours on a long road trip. I never thought putting beads together then breaking them apart was so much fun.

6. The Doodlebops.

5. Stacking blocks are not only for stacking, they can be used as a throwing toys for the dogs, clothes softener (if you put them in the washing machine, your clothes will be beaten to a pulp by the blocks) or a Daddy ankle twisting tool (this is a sure fire way to get me to the floor where Sawyer can look me in the eye and say "let's play horsey"). Disclaimer: Sawyer is not talking yet, he says it in the only way he know how; by jumping up and down on my back as I am screaming in pain, holding my ankle.

4. Dogs love to be fed by a laughing little boy in a high chair.

3. Toilets are not only for going to the bathroom, they are also a poor kids swimming pool with many little water falls and a fresh water refill button.

2. Your bed must be able to fit Mom, Dad, Sawyer and the dogs when there is a thunder storm.

And Finally...

1. No matter what the boy does (ie: stick his building blocks behind the refrigerator; play in the dogs' water bowl as if it where his own personal water basin; takes his beach ball, puts it under Daddy's feet as he is carrying a load of laundry up the stairs and laughs as he watches Daddy fall down the stairs and crash through the safety gate), he is always going to be one of the two cutest boys in whole world.

BRING ON SAXTON!!!!

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Amazing how quickly that year has gone. Sawyer is growing and changing so quickly.

I'm with you. Bring on Saxton!

Mark and Lori said...

Glad to see that Sawyer has so prepared you for parenting!! You might want to consider taking out some more insurance! HEEHEE! Lori

Anonymous said...

Excellent! You forgot #11 - always bring a change of clothes for when you give your child heavy cream(?) to drink and then take him for a ride..... Yes, I'm laughing hysterically now. Imagine if it happened while on an actual carnival ride! hehehe That was a really fun day, actually. I look at those pictures all the time :)

Take care! I can't believe it's been a year already! I have to say, it will be joy to your ears once they don't want to watch Doodleops and the Wiggles because it's "for babies" :)