Thursday, October 19, 2006

Funny Little Man....

So, after yesterday's serious post, I thought I would do some ramblings, mainly about my son.

Every day is an adventure when you are a new dad. Last night, Sawyer was playing in his room. He loves to push buttons on his little musical piano, listen to it play a song while taking apart or beating the crap out of one of his wood toys. So, I had this marvelous idea of getting a radio in his room so he could listen to music while we 'play' with his toys. It works out well, as long as you are in his room with him, but once you have to go answer the phone, make dinner, or clean the house, he is back to his old tricks of beating the crap out of wood toys while listening to the radio and the song off of his musical piano. I am sure it's fun for him and it is very funny for us.

Kids are funny. Sawyer is funny. Sometimes I am not sure what is more entertaining, watching the NLCS on TV or watching Sawyer run around the house chasing the dogs so he can pull their tails, or ears, or anything else he can get his hands on. Lets look at this a little closer: while watching the NCLS, you can do your chores early in the game and come back at the end of the game and not really miss anything. But if you got distracted by life's daily duties while watching your child, you never know what you could find. You could find that your child has found the stash of magic markers and redesigned the paint job on your living room wall, including the expensive art work (has not happened, yet). You could find that your child has decided to play hide and go seek, with himself, and lock himself in the bathroom (has happened). He may decide to use the door of the dishwasher as his personal diving board, or step stool to look (dive) into the trash can (hasn't happened yet, but he has crawled onto the dishwasher door). Or, my favorite, he could use the toilet bowl as his personal wishing well.

You never can truly imagine what a child can get into a toilet bowl until you see it first hand. I haven't yet, but I have heard horror stories. Sawyer hasn't figure out that he can put stuff in the toilet, yet, but he does go and splash the water around. I find this a little funny because he will not splash the water in the bathtub, but he has no problem splashing the water in the toilet. There has been a few times where I have walked in on him when he has been elbow deep in the toilet. I think I am going to start giving him a toilet bowl cleaner, that way he can have fun and clean the bowl at the same time. Ah yes, his first chore.

Well, I had better go now, I think Sawyer decided to play hide and seek with himself again. Later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are magical.
Bet you can't even remember life Pre-Sawyer, now! And it's only been a few months.

It was so good to see you guys on Tuesday night. Thanks so much for rescuing me from the co-workers!
I am amazed and how our little monkey boy is just blooming and opening up like a flower ~

Valeri said...

He can be the next Tidy Bowl man!